Thursday, April 18, 2013

I feel like I deserve a blizzard.

So I am clearly not blogging daily, but my life is fairly boring and there isn't much to write daily. The new remand opened Monday and work has been insane. Non stop planning, running around the building, back and forth from one pod to another and back to my office. I get A LOT of walking in during the day. We have done a lot of work this week and even created a 4 week addiction information program for the inmates. We got word of that to start next week and whipped it up in about a day. Good job team! I love being busy but need to get used to it again. Being the team lead and a counsellor is far more work than I thought. I am absolutely exhausted at the end of the day. People always assume its the difficult inmates I work with, well they are wrong. It is in fact the staff I work with. Tensions are high and people are stressed. Unfortunately, some people deal with stress by being rude to others or having attitude....not cool. But someone once told me, "It about dealing with peoples emotions" Oh God, have I ever. : )  Keep Calm and Carry On guys! It could be worse!


So training.... I have been following my schedule for the most part. Yesterday I was supposed to do intervals but took the day off instead. I will run intervals tomorrow on and off day instead. Today was 4 miles and I ran 3.5. Good enough. Oh and I have also been doing weights at home at night. : )

It was so nice to be outside running, it felt great. I ran at our 10 K race pace which is 5.3 mph. I find it hard to run that slow sometimes but definitely didn't exhaust myself in which i needed to stop so that was good.

I feel like I deserve a blizzard. Dallas is on his way over, maybe he feels like he needs a blizzard too. (I'm sure he does, especially after having to dye my hair.) What an amazing guy. Love.

Till I feel like writing again.




No comments:

Post a Comment