Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 31 - Life, motherfucker. Life.

Oh, hi Day 31.

Did not do Body by Vi today. I got to work, drank my coffee and had to leave for a telehealth conference. After that I went for lunch with my dear friend Kate. We went to Colonel Mustards on 124th, we both got tomato soup and shared a Cobb sandwich. Not super healthy, but not even close to being bad! : )

I went to a Lindsay Hot Flow class (hard) and came home to eat a salad. Pretty uneventful day...

Side note: 
People are still obsessed with my fitness and eating and I have a feeling its not from the "I'm so proud of you" side of things. I don't think it is malicious either, but maybe just a curiosity thing, or because they can't think of anything else to talk to me about, I don't know. I am usually gone for a run at lunch (Thank God) but should I come back, change and go back to the lunch table with my popcorn. WHOA! It never ends.... " You still doing your shakes?" " Popcorn? That's an interesting lunch" " That's it?" "Have you had your shake yet?" So not only is there THAT, but today when I came back from lunch I sat at the table for a bit and the first thing out of everyone mouth is " Oh, no run today?" "Too cold?" " Are you training for something? a marathon?" Its a fucking rest day. How bout that. How bout you stop asking and go on eating your KFC (Scarlett will like that one). I really don't get it. Maybe I should analyze this a bit more and inquire if its only when it comes from specific people or if its the repetitive questioning and annoyance. I don't know really. Perhaps it is the tone in which people comment or ask. What I do appreciate though is David Lawerence who is so supportive and just sits back and say " Good for you. It feels good to run, doesn't it? Its like a drug hey? You're doing good"  Those comments are nice, helpful and endearing. The wise words of old people eh? ; ) Its to the point that I don't want to sit downstairs and eat because I will most likely have to explain my reason for not running or barely eating anything at that hour. Guess its just more motivation to keep running.

Till tomorrow, motherfuckers


No comments:

Post a Comment