Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 51 - Best run yet. Proud.

Ola, Day 51!!!

Today we took a break from a lunch run/stairs and we went to Kingsway. I had Pad Thai....I know, I know. BUT, I ate about half instead of the entire thing which is typical of my past eating habits. I am not proud of this, but this is all I ate all day ( not good either, I know). I was super busy at work this am and didn't do my shake which led me to tell myself I could eat out...NO! Lisa!  I will make time tomorrow and won't eat out. For dinner I had 5 pergoies. Hahaha. It was a late dinner and didn't feel like getting into a big cook fest. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Yep. REGARDLESS.....

I went to Megan's house after work, we visited and then went for a run. I was a little nervous running with her. Megan is quite fit and runs a lot. I should probably stop that negative thought process and stop mentioning to people that " I suck at running, " or " I'm really not all that good," etc etc. We ran 6.3 K. That included the hill near Dawson Bridge and the stairs in the river valley. Pretty impressive. We breaked after the hill for a bit and after the stairs...other than that, straight running. I must say, I really surprised myself and am really proud. It wasn't easy, but it is sooooo amazing to be able to run like that and not want to stop for breaksall the time. YAY Lisa! : ) Did I mention Megan talked the entire time? How do people do that? I can barely breath let alone talk!

I am using the app MapmyRun and it is amazing. Tells me everything I need to know and keeps record of my runs. Keeps tabs so I can see records being beaten or increased pace, time, distance etc. Pretty cool.

That is all for now...Till tomorrow.... Oh yes, we planning to run to the stairs and then do them a few times....my legs will be jello by Friday, I'm sure of it. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment