Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 33 - YARD work workout and rest.

Day 33.

Well my lovely parents took the time to come over today and help me work on my yard. Anyone that has seen my parents yard understands how beautiful their work is and can only imagine that ideas they may have for my place! YAY! While they were here I got a lovely message from a girl I went to high school with, Nicole Giles - Van Dolder. She mentioned how she loves the blog and even the font. ; ) She had a lot of kind words, encouragement and understanding. Again, it is so nice to hear from people that read the blog and make it  positive (which is the point).  Unfortunately, some people only like to comment when it is something negative. Thanks Nicole, that meant a lot.  : )

So my parents got here at 11:30 am and we headed to Home Depot. I have a 75 dollar gift card for there so we used that up and then some. We edged the front along the driveway and the front area with shrubs. We got some black lava rock to put in the front to be maintenance free. I mowed the lawn once to "thatch"? and then to mow...tough work. We also leveled out my trees in the back and cleaned up a few other areas. 6.5 hours. Wow. I then BBQ'd them dinner for their hard work. Thank Ma and Pa!

I am exhausted and dirty as hell. I think the work done today was enough of a work out and there is no way I have enough energy right now to go running. For food today, I had half of a turkey sandwich from Good Earth cafe and then a beef skewer with some potatoes for dinner.

Tomorrow is another yard work day and mothers day brunch. I hope to fit in a run tomorrow evening.. not as much hard work tomorrow.

Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment