Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 14 - Butterfinger shake. WOW.

Hello Day 14.

Today went okay... I ran and did stairs with Kerry. I am having some serious issues with my calf. I ran through it today and it felt better once I finished the stairs. Today was a super tough run, my calf was burning and the pain was going into my achilles and arches of my feet, but I managed to complete it which was impressive.  In saying that I need a break and will be taking tomorrow off running but will hit up the 5 pm yoga class. I did not do yoga tonight, instead came home, relaxed and voted, of course. NDP.

So let me talk about the butterfinger shake I had today! Wowsers. Two tablespoons of fat free butterscotch pudding mix, a bit of cocoa, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 2 scoops of the Body by Vi mix, some Almond milk and ice cubes. UNREAL. It was sooo good! I made one for tomorrow too! : ) I also found a site that has several new shake recipes that I haven't seen before...excited to try some!

For dinner I had a chicken breast and small portion of sidekicks. I counted out the calories on it and left the rest in the pot. THAT was hard. Usually I'd eat the entire thing. I also went shopping tonight to Joe and got myself some new workout clothes! : )

So, as I continue to do this I am realizing that if anything, I am learning to stop myself when needed and learning to push myself when needed. I'm actually quite proud of myself in regards to the limitations I put on my food consumption and super impressed with how much I push myself in my runs. I've for so long wanted to be a runner and I'm slowly starting to think this is possible more and more. I think working at ERC and having my lunch hours and the river valley so close has helped, as well as friends to run with on my break.

Back to yoga tomorrow. I will try for the 30 day challenge again! Haha. 30 in 33....more realistic. As of right now, I have worked out 13 days at least once per day in the past 14 days. Does that make sense? Basically, I missed one day and that was the tattoo day. I am hoping that getting back into the yoga routine helps out my leg cause goodness that is painful. So....

Till tomorrow...

1 comment: