Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 16 - Much needed rest.

Day 16. Well, today went well food wise... I skipped my breakfast shake so I could have a slice of banana bread. It was Administration assistants day so we had snacks out to celebrate them. I'm still waiting for Addictions Counsellor day... Hmmpf. At lunch, I went and changed, put my new shorts on and a long sleeve....walked out the doors of ERC and walked right back in. Way too cold for this girl in shorts. My plan was to go to Hot Flow at 5.

As the day went on I started to not feel good. I am feeling exhausted mentally and physically. Work has been excessively busy, there has been several challenges, people are stressed and we have way too many meetings talking about the exact same thing. I hate hate hate talking things to death. 2 meetings today that consisted of that in the morning and then 6 interviews in the afternoon. What was best about the afternoon was the crazy inmate that was doing the "walk like an Egyptian" dance, among many other crazy dances in a tank waiting for court all while yelling at me, "You are beautiful lady!"  THEN, I had another interview where the inmate spent the entire time glorifying and trying to impress me with his drug dealing and "high end lifestyle." My job is so entertaining. So, at the end of the day when I went to see who the instructor was for Yoga, well, it had changed. I cancelled my class and declared this a rest day, mentally and physically.

Sooo, lets talk about this 30 Hot Flow classes in 33 days. Not doing it. Clearly. I'm not gonna say I'm never going to, but at this point I'm just gonna aim for 4 times per week. I will continue to run, do yoga or Jillian Micheals 5 days a week, sometimes running and doing hot yoga in the same day. What I will also continue to do is eat well. If I have a "cheat day" it will be on a work out day. Perhaps I set too high of goals, perhaps to vague? I don't quite feel like a failure as I haven't totally fallen off the wagon, just altered my lifestyle slightly. Let me set out some more realistic goal for myself and if I go above and beyond, great.

 Goal:  Each day, I will follow through with Body by Vi, or appropriately portioned breakfast and lunches. I will participate in a run, hot yoga or Jillian Michaels 5 days a week. I will allow myself one cheat meal and I mean CHEAT MEAL per week, but it must be on a day I am active. I will allow myself one rest day. I will also listen to my body and mind and adjust accordingly without feeling guilty.


Setting goals is so funny. I used to HATE it and now I make my inmates do it all the time. What is also interesting is that I always have them set a total goal at the beginning of the program and then half way through after they have thought about things a bit more, they set 3 more realistic, detailed goals. Sometimes at the beginning we get so excited to set a goal and realize there is a lot more to, "lose weight and get fit" and "stay clean and sober."  I, again am seeing the parallels of my goal, now more realistic goal and what  I have my inmates focus on. Tomorrow I will hit up Hot Flow. Its a Lindsay class so this should be  killer.

Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment