Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 2 - Flat Tire thoughts

Hello Day 2!

Today went well. Since I posted my blog publicly I got lots of cool feedback and likes. I also got the greatest text from my best friend Justin. He will probably kill me for posting this but this is what it said:

"Hey friend, just read your blog. Sorry I have not been supportive of you and your diets. I promise I will be a better friend and support you in any way I can. Just want you to know that I will always love you no matter how you look but I want you to be happy with yourself so I will do anything I can to help you. I will not try to get you to have a cheat day every time I come over. Sorry."

I wrote back that it wasn't supposed to be THAT serious as I am so sarcastic, yet serious in all this...but Justin spends a lot of time here and probably sees me struggling with this and sees it as a more serious thing for me. It was just really nice. Justin isn't on Facebook either...he must have been creeping on his moms, gf's or sisters as per usual. ; )

 Anywho, this is what the day looked like:

Breakfast: Strawberry Banana Shake
Snack: Special K bar
Lunch: Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
Snack: Popcorn
Snack: Lays 120 cal baked chips
Dinner: Chicken breast and salad

Workout:
Run/Stairs at lunch for about 40 minutes
Hot Yoga at 5pm.

So this was the interesting thing today...I ran and did stairs at lunch but definitely needed way more food, so I went and got the 120 cal lays in the vending machine at work.  What I am most proud of is that I had the choice of hickory sticks (LOVE) and almost any other type of chips but I took the only "healthy"  option I had. I NEVER do that. So plus 1 for me today! YAY! Lesson: Bring more food tomorrow as my activity level is high.

I got to Day 2 of the Hot Yoga only to come out of class and have a flat tire. Boo. My first thought was, "GREAT! Now I will have to miss Yoga tomorrow to get this fixed." Ummmmm...not true. I just needed to think it through more. All of the places to get a new tire are closed anyway leaving me tomorrow morning to do it. No need for me to get off track right?!

That is all. Thanks to everyone reading it, its kinda fun. : ) Till tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. support from my best friends is what meant the most to me to when I started my weight loss "journey" as everyone calls it . Reading what your friend Justin said really touched me, what a good friend, glad you have people around to help encourage you. make sure you use them on the tough days and keep at it you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete