Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 17 - "How's that diet going?"

Day 17. Hello all blog readers. I am feeling like I'm getting a little off course. Despite me saying I won't feel guilty about yesterday's rest day, I do. Today, I had my breakfast shake but was craving some soup so I went to brownlee to get a bowl of soup, it was vegetable noodle. I then had the full intention of Hot Yoga until I went to my afternoon meeting.

I will not get into it too much on here, but it just adds to the shitty week I've already had of meetings. We are, as my co-worker would say, "doing ground breaking work." Yes, we sure are. Exciting, yet sooooo frustrating at the same time. Three meetings discussing integrated addiction and mental health in two days has stressed me out, discouraged me and drained me, just as I'm sure it has Scarlett. She wrote me a very kind text yesterday and because my phone was down, she read it to me today. I thought she had read my blog from yesterday about being exhausted but turns out she hadn't and it was just spidy senses. Scarlett and I work very closely and well together. When one person is off, so is the other. I am soooo lucky to have her as a partner (work partner, not life partner ; ); she is supportive, a good listener and an amazing counsellor. I can tell her when she is "on fire" or acting crazy and she does the exact same to me. Hahaha. In saying all this, I understand that yoga is meant to release and let go of any problems or stress, HOWEVER, for me it does the opposite. If I am not in the mood for it, I have a horrible class. ( I've tried this twice)

So....I didn't go. Instead I went to go visit Carmen at Walkabout, had a Strongbow and ate chicken strips and a salad. I know, I know...drinking is not the solution, but have you had a Strongbow before??? My fave. So as I'm sitting there eating a salad drenched in salad dressing (thanks Jimmy) and chicken strips tossed in hot sauce, who walks in?... Mike Brown. ANYONE that knows Mike Brown will know what I am talking about when he looks at me eating (knowing that I am blogging, working out and eating healthy) and says, "Hows that diet going?" in the most sarcastic voice. He then says, "You might as well go eat 5 Big Macs, same as eating this salad you got going on" Mike, is an Ironman athlete, he even owns a triathlon. I've known Mike for about 8 years..I can tell you, he never used to be in shape. He will now be the first to tell you you've gained weight, give you advice on food or fitness, encourage you to get in shape and make you feel great when you are doing well. Mike is full of humour and easily one of the most hilarious people I've ever met. He goes from cutting me up about my diet to commending me on my runs. (We have that sort of a relationship, haha) But, let me tell you....right after he made that comment I ensured that I came home and did the 45 minute Jillian Michaels workout video. Soooo thanks Mike. Side note: He probably won't read this as we are not Facebook friends cause he doesn't like my Facebook updates, but we never fail to confirm with each other, that is more important to be real life friends. ; )

I worked out today which was good, but I really do feel like I'm failing at Hot Yoga this week. Anyone wanting a good at home workout, JILLIAN MICHAELS DVD's are amazing! So so good!

I cannot wait for tomorrow, I need this break from ERC so bad. I will go to Hot Yoga at 5 and then need to go to Devon to get my children. I have custody this week. Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment